GURKHA CONTINGENT, SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE VACANCY FOR SCHOOL TEACHERS
The Gurkha Contingent, Singapore Police Force (GC, SPF) invites applications for the post of a Headmaster for its Nursery, kindergarten and language programmes, in Singapore commencing in Dec 2019.
The principal functions include:
- The design implementation, delivery and management of Nepali and Singapore Pre- school curriculum and preparation for the Singapore Primary education system.
- The design implementation, delivery and management of Nepali and English language Programmes for the GC Community, including dependent children up to age 18 years of age and serving officers.
- The management of Nepali Civilian Teaching staff.
- Resource management, including Budgetary responsibility.
- Stakeholder communications, including with higher management, staff, parents, children and the wider community.
- The applicants must be a male Nepali citizen aged between 30-40 years with a valid passport.
- He must have minimum bachelor’s degree (BA, Bed or equivalent majoring English).
- He must have at least 5 years teaching experience and least 2 years’ experience in education leadership role i.e. Principal, Headmaster or deputy in a pre- primary or Secondary school in the Nepali or accredited international education system.
- He must have experience in pre school education; training in early childhood/ pre schooling will be an advantage.
- He must be proficient in and qualified teacher of both English and Nepali languages.
- He must posses good oral and written communications skills, have good analytical and be competent with Microsoft Word and Excel.
REMUNERATION / BENEFITS
- The successful candidate will be appointed on an initial 2-year contract (renewable).
- A salary of $ 1,900 per month will be paid in Singapore Dollars.
- A lump sum gratuity is payable at the end of each contract.
- The employee will be entitled to 18 days leave per annum.
- The employee will be provided a furnished apartment free of charge with subsided ration provision.
- Free economy class air passage on the first appointment and a similar return passage on completion of the contract.
- Additional Baggage allowance on the first arrival and on completion of a contract.
- Medical and dental benefits.
CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The contract terms and conditions will be based upon the Singapore Civil Service, Terms and Conditions of Service.
The applicants shortlisted candidates will be notified by 04 Sep 19.
Applications together with full CV and copies of qualifications and references are to be sent to GCSPF Representative (Tel 01-5547193), British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan, Lalitpur: Closing date for application is on 21 Aug 19.
Source: The Himalayan Times 8th August 2019