Dolma Advisors is looking for an Investment Analyst with a good understanding and experience in finance in Nepal’s private sector. The analyst will be supporting the investment team in all aspects of the deal process- research, due-diligence, deal structuring, post-investment portfolio management, and exit.S/he will be reporting to the Investment Manager and will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Under the overall supervision of Investment Director and direct supervision of the Investment Manager, the Investment Analyst will perform the following duties:
- Provide initial investment review, screen prospective investment opportunities for the fund and keep track of the fund’s investment pipeline by maintaining internal database
- Evaluate information provided by potential companies, analyse historical and projected financial statements, prepare financial models and projections including sensitivity analysis based on market developments and company growth
- Develop spreadsheets to value prospective investments as well as portfolio companies and be able to participate in negotiations with counterparts
- Keep track of market developments particularly in relevant sectors, related government policies and changes, through industry and market research
- Prepare and present investment deals to the investment committee, make suitable recommendations and report on the progress of the existing deals
- Meet with project developers, partners, financial institutions and consultants on matters related to the performance of projects and investments
- Meet with portfolio companies to conduct risk reviews of internal processes of their business and be able to provide recommendations and risk mitigation measures
- Participate in exit process by conducting research on potential national and international buyers of Dolma’s portfolio companies and present the outcomes of research to the management
- Prepare necessary documents for the Fund’s internal processes
Experience and Qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of corporate experience in the field of finance, business operations, private equity, investment banking or management consulting
- Masters or equivalent in finance/ management/entrepreneurship with a Bachelors in Law specializing in corporate or business law is preferable
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance
- Operations experience in a manufacturing or service company is a plus point
- Advanced MS Excel skills with financial modeling experience
- Strong presentation skills and proficient use of MS PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Nepali and English
We are equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send in a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 03rd May 2019.
All candidates are welcome to apply, with priority given to Nepali nationals.
Source: The Himlayan Times 24 April 2019