Closing date : 2020-02-10
Job Description :
JICA Nepal Office VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Nepal Office seeks applications from qualified Nepali candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Duty Station: Kathmandu with necessary field visits around the project sites.
Term of Contract and Duration: The contract will be up to 31st March 2021.
The contract may be renewed based upon his/her performance on a one-year contract basis.
Application Deadline: 10 February 2020
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail parcels and other items from GPO/EMS/TIA Customs.
- Meets official/Mission Members at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs clearance formalities as required.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, and tires, etc.
- Maintain log sheet for official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes lubricating.
- Others as directed by Chief Representative (CR).
Qualification and Competencies required:
- Below 40 years of age with good health conditions.
- Completion of SEE or and higher education preferable. Proficiency in English/ Nepali (written/oral). Japanese language skills will be an additional advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experiences in any organization and experiences in International organization preferable.
- Holding valid driving license, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and able to ensures follow the steps as per the Traffic rules in-case of involvement in an accident.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and team spirit.
Payment & Benefits:
Payment and other benefits will be decided by JICA Nepal Office, considering, experience and ability.
Interested candidates shall apply by submitting the following documents, by 10th February 2020 to our address. We don't accept documents by email. Telephone and E-mail inquiries will not be accepted.
- A recent CV in English (Maximum 2 pages /A4 size)
- The job application letter (Maximum 1 pages /A4 size)
- Copy of Driver's license
- A medical certificate,
- One recent passport size photograph
JICA Nepal Office
National Life Insurance Building
3rd Floor, Lazimpat, Kathmandu Nepal
PO Box No. 450
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and short driving skill
test. Telephone and E-mail inquiries will not be entertained.
- Women, Dalit, Janajati and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Source: Kantipur Daily Newspaper 2020