American Embassy in Kathmandu
Closing date : 2018-02-23
Job Description :
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Development Assistance Specialist.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical or other engineering discipline is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of professional experience in managing engineering projects that involve electrical power generation, transmission or distribution is required
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
- KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Nepal’s power sector policies, policy making institutions, Nepal Electricity Authority, Independent Power Producers, and the construction industry is required. Good understanding of the factors affecting the Nepali power sector, including policy shortcomings, legal and regulatory gaps, institutional overlaps and duplications, and the political economy of the power sector is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to use Windows based computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
To apply: Recruitktm3@state.gov